The room was different, I can’t not say in what sense, but it was different. Nonetheless it was the same room. The room, in my grandmother’s house that had been the guest room first then my aunt’s room. I was standing in front of a full-length mirror on the side of the door. I looked at myself and at my short hair, the style was so 70’s that I was surprised at myself. I was also wearing a wedding dress.
A wedding dress with very simple lines, it followed the contour of my body and ended on a small A-line from my thighs down – I’m not sure why this is important but it seemed to be. – The dress had a high collar and it was digging into my neck, so my (long dead) grandmother cut the collar out with a pair of scissors, the collar happened to be a separate piece altogether.
The wedding was celebrated at my grandmother’s house, in her garden and as I came out of the house I saw the groom standing outside. He looked sharp in a black suit, smiling and handsome. Around us in the garden were family members and friends but their faces were blurred.
I don’t remember the ceremony taking place but suddenly we were ready to leave for our honey moon. I called to him but he didn’t come, at least not in a timely fashion. When he finally came he wouldn’t talk to me, didn’t he hear me? My feeling of impotence was overwhelming, maybe too overwhelming for the situation but because of it I made a decision.
My husband was a non-responsive man, obviously my newly wed life wasn’t going as well as anticipated. I decided to get my bags, jump in my car and take my honeymoon trip by myself. Leaving my husband to ponder his lack of . . . response.
It was a highly satisfactory.
- To dream you are getting married may represent your commitment to or partnership with someone or something.
- These dreams suggest a bond with that person you might be getting married too. This could also suggest a long term partnership or tying the knot in some aspect in your life. It is also possible you want to get married.
- May represent a union or merging of the masculine and feminine aspects of yourself.
- May be wish fulfillment, if you desire to get married in waking life.
- Your unconscious may be telling you that you have met the one you should marry.
- If you dream of a wedding dress or wedding ring, you may be evaluating a current relationship and considering the prospect of getting married; you may be considering making a commitment to someone or something.